"Did my heart love till now?
Forswear it sight
For I ne'er true beauty't
ill this night" - Romeo

Monday, February 15, 2010

Move On Like a Sinner's Prayer

The Day after Valentine's Day report: Still the same.
I have never understood the meaning of this "holiday." First, if you consider this a "holiday" why not put it on a weekday and let me out of school? Instead, I witness men running to the mall at the last minute to find a random gift for their girlfriend/wife/mom whatever. Is that the point? To find a gift, last minute, so you can feel better about this day and so I won't complain too much? Thanks, but no thanks. I see love completely different. Love to me is changing my car oil without me asking and because you know I would appreciate it. Love is helping me box my room so I can move faster. It's pumping my gas so I don't have to get out in the cold. It's opening a door, it's holding my hand, it's forehead kisses. People put so much emphasis on material love. That kind of love is easy to find. The hard part is finding a person who respects, understands, and shares your dreams, beliefs, hopes for the future, and maybe one day, your life. People are in such a hurry to marry and find love because everyone around them claims to be doing so. I would rather wait for the right person to come along. If I don't meet that person until I'm 28, then so be it. By then, I'll be set in my ways so he will never have to worry about change or too much growth. It's a wait I'm willing to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment