"Did my heart love till now?
Forswear it sight
For I ne'er true beauty't
ill this night" - Romeo

Monday, February 22, 2010

Gravity/It's working against me/Gravity/Oh It Wants to Bring Me Down

This is a line from my favorite John Mayer song. I prefer the live version, all 9 minutes of it. John's sultry voice and amazing guitar skills get me every time.
Yesterday, I ventured to church, where I haven't gone sans mi familia in a long time. I've never particularly been fond of church growing up and even up until recently. I go with my mom when I'm home only because I never wanted her to go alone or with just my sister. However, I've recently begun to actually enjoy church. I think I've finally realized how BLESSED I am. I've complained and been through so many difficult obstacles that I've never sat back and realized I've pulled through each situation. I played the woe is me card for far too long. My life could be a great deal worse, but here I am. Still standing. Each day is a blessing, I have the ability to wake up, function for myself, attend a university, pursue a college degree, have a family, have great friends, and still have some sanity about me. Sure, my life is greatly different than how I pictured it. Yet, I feel I had to make this unexpected journey to find myself and to find purpose. I may still be looking, but firmly believe the hands of God are here to direct me further to wherever He sees me. I just feel a sense of calm and optimism that I let go a LONG time ago.

On a side note, Lent is going well. Not having Coke is probably the worst part. I think I'm having caffeine withdrawals. My head hurts a lot, and I constantly feel I want to hurl. It's been almost a week, so hopefully my body will adjust more by this Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment