"Did my heart love till now?
Forswear it sight
For I ne'er true beauty't
ill this night" - Romeo

Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'll Be Captivated, I'll Hang from Your Lips

Yesterday is a day many of us are familiar with: Ash Wednesday. So it begins, the 40 days of Lent. This year, I have given up cokes, fried food, and liquor. These are probably things I should give up in general, but I suppose Lent is a great reason to let them go. Last night also began my further commitment to my faith and devotion to God. I know I talk ridiculous and say things I probably shouldn't say, but my faith has never wavered. My relationship with God has been the foundation and the healing I needed to get through these past months. I feel selfish. God has provided, and I have been greedy, needy, and not completely devoted to being in His presence. I honestly feel my life is happier and less complicated as I spend more time basked in His glory and surrounded by people who share my beliefs. For Ash Wednesday's service, my friends and I went to the campus Catholic church. I should point out that none of us are Catholic (3 Methodists and a Baptist). As a Methodist, we basically perform the same acts and traditions, so the service wasn't too unfamiliar. We decided to go to the Catholic church because they were the only ones having service so late at night so all of us could attend. I just felt compelled to readmit and re-dedicate my life to God. I have been meaning to go to church more often, but I am dedicated to doing it this time. I don't feel church makes one person better than another Christian, but I feel it helps keep someone in tune with his or her Christian faith. The Lord has provided so much for me, the least I can do is continue my faith.
On a side note, I hung out with my friend Ben tonight. I may sort of, kind of, maybe have a thing for his roommate. However, since Ben and Nick have stopped speaking to each other, it makes it complicated to say hello to Nick when I'm leaving their apartment. I think Ben expects me to choose sides. Nick has never personally done anything bad to me, so I cannot NOT like him. I don't know what's going on with them, as Ben will not say. Nick has made several attempts to reach out, but this friendship may finally be at a closing point. Nick texted me after I left saying he didn't want to be awkward and have Ben waiting for me. I replied Ben can be territorial but he doesn't own me. If I want to talk to Nick, I will. Ben knows my feelings for Nick, though he doesn't understand them. Nick replied, yeah now you know why I don't date girls who are friends with Ben. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?! Could there be something with me and Nick? Does he like me?
Did I mention I'm taking Nick to my sorority's formal?
This is where a margarita would really come in handy.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think you were Catholic, but I figured I had no idea, ha! You still have wine, btw. :p

    I'm going to formal this time - it's the day after my birthday and the day before a power weekend. I should probably start thinking up a date...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post. I'm glad that you are renewing your faith, and you know that if you ever need encouragement or anything, you can talk to me about it.

    And with Nick, just give it time. Ben will cool off. Maybe. :)

    Love you very very much!

    ReplyDelete